Monday, May 3, 2010

the birthday of randi roo

I just have to do a 'shout out' for my sister. her birthday is 2 days after mine...we are almost exactly 5 years apart...except somehow i turned 24 this year and she turned 22 again...im starting to get really confused!

since our birthdays were only 2 days apart my family always had one birthday celebration...when we were little we'd go to my grandparents for easter and the aunts, uncles, and cousins would be there and with all of our easter celebrations we would also have a little birthday celebration as well.
As we go older it would just be our family going out to eat or having a little celebration. and it seems that every time we had our 'big birthdays' it was always the same year...i turned 13 she turned 18...i turned 16 she turned 21...you get the idea.

As well as sharing a cake and dinner, the last few years we were all together, there was usually a present for each of us that had to be opened at the same time...usually we'd end up opening our boxes and and pulling out the same usc shirt, jersey, hat, or something dodgers and then we'd get a day with dad at a usc baseball game or dodger event! that was one of my favorite things growing up...knowing I'd get a fun day with randi and my dad!

Growing up I always felt bad that she had to share her birthday with her little sister...but now that we dont get to do that I miss it so much! I cant wait for the day to celebrate both of our birthdays together again!

I love you Randi Roo

No comments: